At Cloud Navigator, our laser focus on delivering services related to The Microsoft Cloud helps reduce the complexity of these problems. Our success with cloud onboarding projects is a big reason for our overall success as a cloud solution provider. Many organizations choose to partner with a company focused on deploying workloads in the cloud even when they intend to manage those workloads for the long term.
We continuously refine our processes, management strategies, technical approaches, tools, templates, roles and responsibilities, and technology to meet the rapidly changing demands of IT in the cloud. It requires substantial learning, coordination, and dedication.
This is why we’ve established a Cloud Center of Excellence.
Our Cloud Center of Excellence (“CCoE”) is a deeply experienced team and a set of valuable resources that are focused on cloud transformation. While many cloud deployments are virtually transparent within an organization, a core goal of the CCoE is to develop a standard and stable methodology for implementing change within an organization. In our role as cloud service provider, the CCoE must extend into our customer’s organization to be effective.
The CCoE allows us to:
- Leverage the knowledge of diverse stakeholders
- Reduce rework and cost
- Manage change and measure success
Disciplines and Best Practices
The CCoE team at Cloud Navigator is responsible for researching and adopting best practices and applying them in real customer scenarios. These best practices span disciplines that include:
- IT Project Management
- IT Operations Management
- Business Operations
- Solution Architecture
- Distributed Networking
- AppDev and DevOps
Best practices include:
- The Cloud Navigator Onboarding Project Framework
- IT Project Management best practices include tools, templates and standards from the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide.
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) codes of practice for IT Operations Management.
- Microsoft Guidance for Hybrid Cloud deployment and migration
- Azure solution architectures published by Microsoft
- Office 365 migration performance and best practices from Microsoft
- Clear delineation of roles and responsibilities for repeatable project types
The CCoE breaks down cloud transformation into its two major categories of activity: onboarding and operations. Every onboarding project leads to a new workload that requires operational management.
Average Onboarding Projects Per Month: 12
Total onboarding projects to date: 245